Trouble remembering the beginning

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Veronica Rowe
      Participant

Hi all! If I understand correctly, the beginning of your dream sets the scene and theme for the rest of your dream and so helps you understand the issue you are working through in said dream. Maybe this is information I’ve picked up from listening to the podcasts…? but I most often than not have trouble remembering the beginning of my dreams, like I usually can’t recall where it all began and especially the location. Does anyone have advice on how to remember more? Or would you suggest it doesn’t matter too much and just focus on another tool to work out the real life situation my dream is referring to? Many thanks!
      ps: great forum for asking these random questions! Cheers!

Marion Khoshuei
      Participant

I too have trouble remembering the start of my dreams, though oddly enough my recollection of last night’s dream is rather the opposite. I remember the start but not how it ended. I’ll post it when I’ve finished this post.
      I can usually remember enough to work on by staying in the same position as I woke up in and thinking, what was I doing, or what happened before, leading up to, the bit that I do remember, and going back a bit at a time.

I used to have trouble remembering anything at all, so I’ve definitely made progress.

Veronica Rowe
      Participant

Thank you for your response Marion! Nice to hear that you are remembering more and more. I too have noticed that I am remembering a little more and it might be to do with writing down my dreams every morning. The parts I do remember are almost like a new story, so I focus on this part of the dream and what comes up. I will try your technique as see if I can remember more of the beginning.
      Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.