The dream Location

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Alexandra
      Participant

In the same spirit as “the dream cast” I also have a stock of locations that I regularly return to. Sometimes for years on end. FOr many years I struggled with the train station, sometimes nightly, never seeming to get on the train, missing the train, not finding the train, getting the wrong time, or it just not turning up. I realise now that was because in someway I wasn’t going anywhere! I wanted to, I was turning up, but then there was no progression with my journey. These days as life has changed, I am often on trains. The car park is another strong venue for me, often a particular car park in my town, usually bad things happen when I dream of the car park. Its the place where things stop, where you temporarily halt to do other things. Multi stories are the worst, perhaps these dreams are dealing with many layers and levels. there’s the hotel, that’s a common one for me, I worked in one once, not a happy time. I thinks its all the doors, it represents many things for me, depending on what’s happening in those rooms, behind those doors. It has an institutional feel to it. There’s a part of town, where the hotel was that I worked in, horrid dreams always happen there in the surrounding streets. I’m very very regularly at my parents house where I grew up, and another house we lived at for many years. The festival is another and the farm. I’m still unpicking all my different venues, I’ve sometimes thought about finding a way to record dreams according to location to see what comes out of that, it would be an interesting experiment and im sure I could learn much. Maybe I might start a code at the tope of my pages or a symbol so I can easily find them and compare – good idea hey!.

Caroline
      Participant

The train station was a thing in Jt’s course. Remember?

I can’t type much now, ive got to go and cook, and focusing on the train thing for a moment, wrong place, wrong train, missing train etc,
      My question is, did you want to get on the train?

Sounds basic but i used to dream about crashes alot. Helicopters, buses.. well them. And i told my moon sister a dream once and she asked, did you want them to crash?

Cor… actually yes… i didn’t realise til I’d been asked. Then writing this now im brought to the idea of self sabotage. Im a fierce self sabotager…

So i wonder if there’s a correlation there.

Caroline
      Participant

For you i mean. Did you want to get on the train or somehow have a reason to not be on the train?

Kim
      Participant

Alexandra, I have a large variety of places/scenes that I dream of over and over as well. Some of them I understand and some of them I don’t. I am often relieved or excited when there is a positive transformation that has occurred…Most recently, after some dreamAlchemy. It tells me it worked.
      I love the idea of having a code and noting dream places in my dream journals, so I can follow the changes or progress of a place and possibly correlate it with my waking life.
      Just a thought…Sometimes in my life I have found myself in my waking life in places similar to places in my dream. For example I have climbed up a certain snowy peak because it Reminded me of one I had been dreaming of or I have taken the opportunity to go up and see the view out of a window in a house because it seemed it would look like the view I had in a dream. By going through these activities The same feelings have been evoked as those I felt in the dream but then with an added feeling of magic to it and empowerment. Like I have defied reality. I didn’t know about dream alchemy at the time, but it probably had a little bit of that. I would not do this with a dream cast or it would get me in trouble, but it has been interesting with dream places.

Cíntia
      Participant

How curious, like a new dream alchemy type! I dream I’m at a school or university a lot, sometimes about weird things that suddenly happen in my front yard. Beauty salons once in a while. Many times I’m lost on the street, or I don’t know where I can get the bus, or which bus to take, or where I need to go… Occasionally I see beautiful wild landscapes and I love these ones, there’s a beautiful mystical touch to them. Crystal shops are kind of frequent too…

Marion Khoshuei
      Participant

Sometimes I know I am in my home village, or my husband’s country, but the location in the dream bears little resemblance to the real one, and I often struggle to get to where I want to. I think I have had one or two like that in the last year, but not so recently that I can remember enough to do any analysis on them.
      I once dreamed I was visiting my sister in law’s house, only it was nothing like the one I remembered. It was freakily like the one she is living in now, that I had never been to. Oh, and another relative’s house is almost exactly like I had dreamed it. The ONLY difference was that instead of being damp upstairs, as it was in the dream, IRL the lights weren’t working, so it was dark. I got deja vu as I went into the house, and remembered dreaming about it before I had left. I even dreamed about the guy singing and playing a musical instrument, even though I never knew he played anything (or sang)!
      Sometimes I recognise a location, but it’s actually ‘somewhere’ that I have never been to IRL. Really weirdly, once when I recognised where I was, later in the dream I realised it was another planet, as it had two moons, silhouetted against a giant pale sun, sadly again too long ago to analyse.
      My repeating dream (many years ago up to about 25 years ago) was set in one of my school buildings with a stairwell at each end, but the rest of the school had little resemblance to the real one.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.