Question about Dream Alchemy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Beth Forrester
      Participant

I have started my first dream alchemy practise, I’m doing a visualisation and a recording of my voice telling the new revised dream story. This feels like it’s going well, it’s only the second day ( and the first full day!) but one thing that’s happening is that the resolution, the important end of the visualisation, is triggering another memory. The memory it’s bringing up is really similar to the happy ending I’ve created, ( they are both a tight integrating hug) except it’s the opposite, it’s a very painful memory. I haven’t changed the visualisation, I’ve just reflected on and explored the sad memory, and written about it, and let myself cry about it. It’s making me nervous about the visualisation because it’s making me very sad each time at the end! I also know that the visualisation is meant to be moving away from the difficult emotions in my dream, and I’m interested if this repeated remembered sadness will be impacting anything particular. The difficult emotion in my dream is fear and panic, and the emotion it’s bringing up in the memory is loss and sadness. I’d appreciate anyone’s input on this! Thank you !

Beth Forrester
      Participant

I may have felt my way into an answer for the question, Ive focused very hard in the visualisation of this hug being different, focused on all the details of it which ARE infact very different, and managed to steer clear of the other images that wanted to come in. And these images I’m seeing as a glimmer of gold, a realisation about myself that could definately be related, and the tears that I allowed more fully than maybe I have done about this memory. I’ve had a few glimmers of gold, things I’ve said, small unusual ( for me) actions I’ve taken, ways I have felt. I still don’t feel absolute 100 percent full sighted about my dream interpretation, despite working on it through the videos and sheets long and hard, but am letting myself be satisfied with a strong theme and some senses about the theme. I feel like I don’t want to push and force at the dream for sharper focus.. does anyone else feel like that?

Hi Beth,
      I’m adding some words here so that I can click that ‘notify me of follow-up replies by email’ checkbox. Looking forward to seeing other students’ replies and experiences. I’m also acknowledging that since starting this topic you have shared and celebrated the ongoing Glimmers of Gold that have occurred for you under the post ‘Glimmers of Gold’.
      Excellent work!

Cíntia
      Participant

Hi Beth,

I understand when you say you don’t want to force the dream to make sense, it doesn’t feel good. As you said, there are the themes we can spot and some glimmers of gold here and there, which are valuable. I believe there may be a limit when exploring our dreams by ourselves, especially when we are not professionals.

I’m not sure about the right thing to do about the visualization you mentioned, but it seems like you have thoroughly explored the emotions it brings. So I would probably create another dream alchemy, even if I needed to change the whole thing to notice how it feels. I think the point is to experience positive emotions during the exercise 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.