New students: Please read

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Welcome to the community forum! Please introduce yourself in the ‘Welcome’ thread below, but first, a small but important practicality:

You’ll see several ‘subscribe’ buttons on the forum, but they don’t work, much as we have tried to coax them to do so. Sadly you can’t subscribe to receive email notifications for every new topic. What you can do is:

1. If you start a new topic, make sure you check the box below your post that says ‘Notify me of follow-up replies by email’. That does work!

2. If you see a topic someone else has started and you’d like to be notified of replies, the only way you can do this is to post a reply and then check that ‘Notify me of follow-up replies by email’ box. So even if you don’t have much to say but you’d like to follow the topic, you might reply “This is great, I’m looking forward to seeing what people think” or something along those lines!

3. So this does mean that you need to login regularly to look for new topics otherwise you’ll miss them!

4. When we added this community forum – quite a long time after we initially launched the courses – we thought about making it a Facebook group but were aware that not everyone is on (or likes) Facebook, so we chose this format instead. While we realise it’s not as immediate as Facebook, we hope that you will grow to like it and use it to build confidential, secure connections with other students.

5. Most of our students, it seems, choose to focus on the courses and miss the opportunity to further enrich The Dream Academy experience. I’d love to encourage you to jump in, get to know people, and help build this community. You’ve come this far!

Enjoy,
      Jane Teresa

Beth Forrester
      Participant

Got it! Thanks for that information, and can I just say that I really like that this forum is not on Facebook! 🙏🏽

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.