New blog: Dream tide

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Here’s this month’s new blog over at JaneTeresa.com for you:

I love the tang of seaweed on the air, although, as a young child, I was scared of slip-sliding across the beached slimy tangles to reach the waves.

Once in the water I was happy enough, but on murky green sea days, eels lurked below the surface, wrapping themselves around my legs, or so I imagined. On clearer blue sea days, I could see they were nothing other than harmless fragments of drifting seaweed.

Earlier this month we descended from a nature reserve clifftop walk onto a hidden, and perhaps secret beach. The tide was out, and the sand was strewn with such a diversity of seaweeds, speckled with shells and leaves and seeds blown down from the clifftop that I too was blown away, albeit in a different sense. Out came my phone, and I took a barrage of photos thinking they’d be great inspiration for an artist, perhaps a printmaker. I realise now that the pictures were inspiration for this blog, a metaphor for the fragments of dreams that are beached each morning onto the shores of our waking consciousness and, ideally, captured in some form—writing, pictures, audio, art–for later contemplation.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could grab our phones in the morning and somehow record our dreams as photos!

Some mornings our waking shores are empty of dreams …

CONTINUE READING THIS BLOG HERE

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.