New blog: Colour in dreams and in spelling

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hot off the press for you, my new blog for The Dream Academy:

I recently asked my newsletter subscribers for topics they would like me to address in future blogs. Rebecca, from Minnesota, USA, suggested colour in dreams.

Being American, Rebecca didn’t ask about ‘colour’ though, she asked about ‘color’. I’m delighted to bring you my offering about colour in dreams, interwoven, as it turns out, with a story about spelling.

Last night, I dreamed …

I was getting ready to go for a run. I was all set to go, bar putting on my running socks and shoes. The shoes were lined up, and there was a big pile of random socks. I delved into the sock pile, put on one sock, delved in again, and put on the second sock only to find they were different colours. It seemed necessary to wear a matching pair, so I kept taking one sock off, delving in again, mismatching again, and so on until eventually I was wearing identical socks. The final colour didn’t bother me; it was the matching that was important. Happy with a matching pair at last – white trimmed with a pale lime green – I woke up, ready to start my day.

I had been contemplating writing this blog before I fell asleep, so on one level my dreaming mind obliged by processing my thoughts and delivering a dream about colour.

On another level, I know this dream is about spelling. Let me explain:

Continue reading this blog here.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.