Glasses?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marion Khoshuei
      Participant

In the dream I describe in the ’42?’ thread I didn’t pay any real attention to the ‘glasses’ business at the end, as I figured it was just a link to the waking world as I woke up, but since then I have had another dream about my glasses, or rather the effect of not wearing them, and not one but two pairs of glasses have, despite a well ingrained habit, disappeared.

Have any of you dreamed that you woke up, only to really wake up a little later and realise you were still asleep and dreaming the first time round? I’ve had it happen a few times over the years, but a year or two ago, I had one that went a bit further:-
      I woke up, remembered that Mum’s cleaner* was coming that morning, so I got up straight away, and went round to Mum’s, but then I realised something was a bit off, and that I must just be dreaming. That made me wake up properly, (I thought) and I went round to Mum’s to tell them both about the dream. I get to Mum’s just as the cleaner arrives, so I tell her about the crazy dream I just had, and then wake up for real, a bit shaken by the fact that this time I hadn’t noticed anything hinky or dreamlike at all. I check the time, and realise I have time to spare before the cleaner is due, but I still go round straight away, just in case, and actually she was early…

I didn’t think of that as a predictive dream, but this morning, I dreamed that I woke up, I checked the time on my watch, it was 8.20. I thought about getting up, but ended up either dozing, or going back to sleep, then I wake up properly (I think) and remember I dreamed I woke up and looked at the time before, so I check it again, to see if the dream was right, but it’s gone nine, at least I’m pretty sure it was, I really need my glasses to see the hands clearly, and I realise that when I saw it was 8.20, I had neither needed nor noticed the fact I hadn’t needed, my glasses (i.e. I hadn’t realised I was dreaming ~ except, see end ~). I wasn’t feeling well rested tho, so rather than find and put on my glasses and get up, I just went back to sleep, finally waking up and getting up at … 8.20!! Only this time I manage to see the hands more clearly with just a bit of squinting.
      So again, the second time I ‘woke up’, maybe I hadn’t woken up at all.

In addition to this, for the second time in the last few days, my glasses were/are nowhere to be found, I really hope at least one of them turns up soon as the same strength pair I am left with are not comfortable.

Marion Khoshuei
      Participant

Ahh I forgot to mention the odd dream that I had in between waking up with my glasses already on and losing the first pair of glasses, but it’s late, so it’s going to have to wait, as is the dream about the little girl driving, and me having Alzheimers (only in the dream!).

Marion Khoshuei
      Participant

Ok, first the odd dream, I don’t remember the whole of the preamble, so I’ll skip to the vivid ending:- I’m with this lovely guy, but he has an extra ‘appendage’ like some kind of alien snake thing. I’m terrified of it, and the man notices, and says, ‘Oh! are you scared of this?” and taps it on the head. It shrinks down into a bump, and a final tap makes it disappear altogether. I wake up with an idea in my head that, to cut a long story short, solves my worries about an inevitable future problem.

Perhaps that is why I’m having so much stuff about glasses and seeing things clearly or not. I’m not sure why I’m still getting it tho. Perhaps the dream about the little girl driving is the key? :-

There were a lot of people at some kind of gathering, but we need to leave now, and there aren’t many cars. Mine is one of them, and people including two girls, Sara and her sister, get in. Someone reminds me I have Alzheimers (I don’t, but I am pretty forgetful irl, so I don’t argue the point) and say ‘I can still drive tho’ and go to get in the car, keys in hand. But I go to the passenger seat side; even as I realise my mistake, I see the two girls in the drivers seat, and the car starts moving, so I sit down fast, astonished that I no longer have the car keys. Sarah, clearly can’t steer properly, or reach the pedals. I don’t know how she even got the car moving, nor how we eventually manage to pullover and stop the car before we hit anything, but we do, and I wake up.

Due to this dream not really having a satisfactory outcome (ok, so we don’t crash, but we don’t get anywhere either) I think it’s a good candidate for some dream alchemy, but I’m not sure what would be the best way to ‘go forward’ either literally or metaphorically. Should I trust Sara with driving the car, or should I shimmy over the hand-brake and take control?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.