Dream alchemy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sangmelodi
      Participant

I wonder, what if I have one or two dreams each week I want to do dream alchemy about, can I do more than one dream alchemy at the time? or do I have to wait 1 month between every dream alchemy?

In generel, how old may the dream be before its to late to do a dream alchemy that works?

Hi Sangmelodi,

Thank you for your post. A great question.

If you’re doing a Dream Alchemy Visualisation, or any dream alchemy that requires repetition for a month, I strongly suggest creating a different type of dream alchemy if you wish to work on a second or third dream. For example, dialogue, artwork, writing.

The more energy you can devote to a dream alchemy, the better. So if you personally feel you can do several simultaneously, then that is fine, but if it feels like doing so makes you lose the edge on another, then focus on just one or two.

How old is a dreram before it’s too late to do a dream alchemy on it? It’s best to do it as soon after the dream as possible, but if the issue/belief is still operational in your waking life, then it’s never too late to use an older dream. Before you jump into it, though, you might like to consider whether a more recent dream reflects the same issue, offering you a fresher dream to create dream alchemy for.

Other students: what are your experiences?

Enjoy the alchemy Sangmeoldi.

sangmelodi
      Participant

Thank you, it makes good sense. I would love to hear about other people’s experiences with dream alchemy and how you approach it, have you done more than one? and what break throughs have you had. I myself started out with a little too complex blockage I think, where I had a very hard time finding the right emotions in the alchemy. I think I’ll start over with another dream theme 🙂 But I noticed some emotional feelings on my face that time, sound weird I know, very hard to explain, as if there was something right inside that would like to be redeemed. A kind of trapped cry. But I have not experienced the break through, probably because it is an extremely difficult and locked issue and because I could not find the emotions strong enough I think.

Becoming aware of the trapped cry is a shift beginning. The fact that you found it hard to explain is a sure sign that you haven’t got your conscious mind fully around it, but recognition and acknowledgment is a really good and strong beginning for something that has been so stubborn.

Cíntia
      Participant

Great question indeed! I would just ask the same now, then I’ve found this thread. I have so many dreams to work with during each week… I’m taking the dream alchemy course, so I’m planning to do one affirmation a month and also test the other types of alchemy at the same time to see how it goes… I’ll be updating my results the following months.

Kim
      Participant

I also Appreciate that you asked this question and then Jane Teresa answered it. I can get so overwhelmed with so many dreams and wanting to do it “right” that I don’t do anything.
      I recently had the experience of a strong and quickly clear dream on a Saturday morning (when I had time). Right away I created a dream alchemy (A series of drawings right into my dream journal) and then did visualizations (not as often as I probably “should”) of what those pictures depicted. My dreams for a week after directly built every night on the theme of the first one and they got better and better. It was so exciting and my insight on the issue kept growing. I also drew a picture of that dream outside of my journal later in the week, remembering to feel the same strong feelings from my dream. Now weeks later I just look at it to remind myself.
      I find my worry of getting the dream alchemy “wrong” inhibits me from doing it unless I am sure. I wonder can I harm myself if I get it wrong? or will I merely shift my problem into a new and maybe more twisted one?

Cíntia
        Participant

“I can get so overwhelmed with so many dreams and wanting to do it ‘right’ that I don’t do anything.”

So true! There are so many dreams in need of alchemy for me too… When we start recalling our dreams more often we can see so many things that need to be healed or taken care of.

“I find my worry of getting the dream alchemy “wrong” inhibits me from doing it unless I am sure. I wonder can I harm myself if I get it wrong? or will I merely shift my problem into a new and maybe more twisted one?”

I’ve been asking myself the same question these days…

“I find my worry of getting the dream alchemy “wrong” inhibits me from doing it unless I am sure. I wonder can I harm myself if I get it wrong? or will I merely shift my problem into a new and maybe more twisted one?”

Kim and Cíntia: a good question. You can rest in the knowledge that subsequent dreams will monitor your progress. You can easily adjust a dream alchemy practice, taking the feedback from your dreams into account.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.