Applying step one

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cíntia
      Participant

Hi, everyone! I’ve noticed that when my dreams are emotionally charged, it is easier to apply step one (one simple sentence). But most of the time I can’t figure out the waking life issue my dream is addressing. I’ve tried a lot! So what I end up doing is just moving to the next step. I’m curious to know if it is easy for you to do it or not. Have a good day, take care…

Emma Kirby
      Participant

Hello Cintia! Sometimes it is easy for me to apply “one simple sentence”, sometimes not. What I find most difficult is to summarize the whole dream in one sentence, especially when it’s a long dream (and I tend to have long dreams). Sometimes I will have to change the “one simple sentence” when I’ve gone through the other steps in the process and figured out what the dream is really about, because then I can see that I actually zoomed in on the wrong part of the dream before I knew its meaning.

Beth Forrester
      Participant

Hi Cíntia! I agree it sometimes feels really weird and difficult! When I do manage to do the simple sentence, it’s usually when I’ve been able to let MOST of the detail drop away, and sort of try to see in the most basic sense what happened. It feels like the opposite of recording the dream, in full technicolour with smells sounds feelings textures and everything, and more like how you’d describe it in a real hurry, or if you felt very bored having to describe it at any length! I have no idea if that’s helpful ! 🙏🏽

Hello Cíntia, Emma, and Beth,
      I’m posting here so that I can follow this topic.
      Keen to see what others think!

Cíntia
      Participant

Hi again,

Emma, it’s the same with me! I’ve changed my one-sentence many times during the process of analyzing the dreams, for the same reason…

Beth, it makes a lot of sense. I like the way you beautifully described it. I’m curious to give it a try to see how it goes. (I’ll start today, I’ve had a couple of dreams last night!)

Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.