Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

We’re so delighted to open our Dream Academy Community space for current students and graduates to interact, share, and get to know each other. So please do begin by introducing yourself here: simply reply under this post.

Say hello, meet and greet other students and graduates, and take it from there!

April 2019: Yes, the forums look very new, and that’s because they are! We opened the doors to the forums in early April, although you’ll see some people have posted in the few weeks before when we asked a handful of students to come in and test the system first. Big thanks to the testers. Come on in now, everyone else!

Synchro Z
      Participant

Greetings, Beautiful Dreamers! I am Trude, your companion in the Dreaming Realms. I rejoice to introduce myself at this moment under this lovely New Moon and to thank Jane Teresa for creating this forum. Although I have been a Dreamer all my life, only relatively recently have I had the good fortune and great blessing to discover this community. I am a Creative Dream Artist: I blend the World of Dreams and the World of Art in unique, inspirational ways. I am in the process of progressing through Dream Studies this year and I look forward to exchanging the wonder as I learn with all of you. Let our joyous Dream Party begin!

Caroline
      Participant

^ That sounds sublime. Moon sister.

Well, I’m Caroline.  I’m here in the UK – actually a stone’s throw from the mystical Avebury that Jane Teresa talked of in a blog last year and originally a stone’s throw from Dundee, where she went to university.  But enough about her – back to me

Um…  I’ve always been a prolific dreamer and one day I was scootching through Facebook and saw an advert for a wee cheap online course about interpreting dreams…. why not, thought I.

And it was fun!  Although I disagreed with most of it’s content and wrote so in my answers and assignments, but still passed with distinction. But as I researched bits and pieces for the assignments, I came across the Dream Academy, here  and I sort of… stayed… a felt the pull …

So a few podcast listens later and GLORY BE! This is it..  this is what I’ve been waiting for all my life… a passion! A calling… A home for my wandering soul.

Always been a healer, been an online samaritan and a moderator for lost soul websites and have qualifications in CBT.. just wasn’t quite touching the sides of my deep rooted need…

But Dreams…  aw man… we  all have them and yes, I was a dream dictionary person before and I am not now.. but the scoop of the soul that a dream provides and the mystical twists and turns that your dreaming mind can create…

um.. so…   so you’ll see I’m a witterer. Soz!

Caroline
      Participant

ps – it’s 4.50pm here – not 2.49am. Just saying.   I am NOT a night owl!

Kim
      Participant

Hello fellow dreamers,

I am  Kim from the Pacific Northwest in the USA.  I have contemplated and valued my dreams every since I can remember.  The more I have explored them with a therapist, in a dream group and now through the Jane Teresa’s podcasts and dream academy; the more I have appreciated them.  It’s like a deep tissue massage, but for the soul instead of the body.  It touches me deep inside.  I find the discovery of the formerly unconscious and thus hidden treasures of my self to be both exciting and  expansive.  It can also be overwhelming, depending on the dreams.  But that’s where the dream alchemy is so helpful.

I have found painting my dreams to be very insightful and enjoyable as well.

Tim
      Participant

Hello everyone,

Good to be here! My name is Tim (and I’m a she, not a he as you might think 😉). I am an artist living in the Netherlands. I’ve always been interested in dreams and with Jane Teresa’s help I’ve managed to break down quite a few emotional enigmas and have made some very good steps forward to a more free life.

Very excited to meet ya’all here! 🤗

Caroline
      Participant

Hi Tim. Great avatar, did you draw that? I love the character.

My hope here is to bring this forum to life with you all.

Let’s play. Lets all chat.

What shall we ask first?

Tim
        Participant

Hi Caroline,

Sorry to respond so late.

Yes, the bunny in sunglasses is mine. Thanks for the compliment!

I was wondering how everyone is doing with Dream Alchemy and can you tell the differences in life after doing it for a while? I feel it has helped me a lot! 😃

Caroline
      Participant

Aw Tim. I need Your help. This is a something for me.

Thank you for asking this cos I think this might unblock a thing for me.

I did the basic course. Life changing, no?

Then I bought the dream alchemy course and i….. didn’t want to do it injustice by going half arsed at it until I’d mastered the first learning

Then I read the encompass book, dud you read that?

Then

…ok.. I… have a massive blockage to.. imagining stuff… to do… with me.

I’ve got the most fanciful brain, ‘imagine a world where. ?’ Is my favourite phrase in the world and a world of people have learned that from me. But… theres a difference between using it on the world and between using it on yourself

So….I don’t know how

Can you help? What.. i mean…how….i mean ….I don’t even know where to start…. what do you do? I mean….how do you break down the thing where… I mean…

I don’t even know what i mean.  Please can you tell me your bit? Help us visualise?

Caroline
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>
      Ps

I say us… please may I genuinely ask from.me to you your thought processes because I genuinely don’t know what those thought processes can even look like.  Take me there so I can unlock a thing in my head.

As a general guide

Alexandra
      Participant

Hi, I’m Alex. I’ve been working with my dreams as a regular practice for the last 5 years or so now, though I had other periods of doing so earlier in my life. I have always been a vivid dreamer and so its held a lot of interest for me. I think I get this from my dad he’s also a vivid and regular dreamer. We would share dreams with each other often as I was growing up.

I have been following Jane Theresas work for a couple of years and find her to be a huge resourse and support to the dreaming community. I’ve done the first of her courses and learned a lot.

I’m a mother of two boys, the eldest of whom has a disability so I’m happily an at home mum and carer for him. My life is busy, but my creative, personal and spiritual pursuits are important to me.  I try to make time for these activities as much as I can but oftenI go all in for a bit and then life seems to take over. Like most of us probably. I’d love to be active on this forum though and look forward to getting to know everyone and your dreaming minds!

I’m an artist and have enjoyed exploring my dream world as a sketchbook journal for some time. I’m also very interested in divination and the creation of Oracles. We live in Wiltshire in the UK, curiously I think I probably live close to you Caroline?!!

Bye for now

Alex x

Caroline
      Participant

@Alex

I would fall down laughing if that was Corsham Court in your cover photo …

Lovely long posts Alex. I’ll reply shortly because i do love a chatter.

Imagine though… vast space and time on a world wide forum with only 7 voices and 2 of them from neighbouring towns… i think our church might be point. I forget

And my brother lives in Swindon …

Alexandra
        Participant

ive been horribley lazy, the church was infact at avebury, though I live in Swindon. Weird world – 2 streets away from Janes brother!!

Thank you SynchroZ, Caroline, Kim, Tim, and Alexandra for introducing yourselves here. There are plenty of students popping in and out of courses in the background, and I’m looking forward to seeing more people stopping by to introduce themselves here.

With the forum community being so new (relative to the courses), it will be great to see this place gathering momentum and becoming an energetic hub.

I noticed that although I’ve checked the boxes asking to be updated by email when people interact here, the most recent emails went to my spam, so I missed them. I’m mentioning this in case the same is happening for any of you. You might have to educate your email sorter-outerer (ahem), or check your spam.

Cíntia
      Participant

Hi, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Cíntia from Brazil, I’m living in Praia Grande (São Paulo) this year. I live with my husband and our two kids. I also felt excited when I came across Jane Teresa’s work, and I’m happy now I have you to talk about dream stuff! Most people around me would find it too crazy… I first started “working with dreams” when I was 19, but not in a disciplined way. I just paid attention to them during some phases in my life or whenever I had a powerful dream. Today I’m putting more time and effort into it, as I want to see how dream alchemy works for me.

I’ve jumped back to this thread of 9 months ago to let you all know that there are new students saying hi and reaching out to connect in a post titled ‘Welcome’ at the top of the forum posts. (I’ve made it a sticky post so it will stay at the top of the forum.) Maybe you’d like to go in and reintroduce yourselves and connect. There are plenty of students actively doing the courses, but the forum has not been wholly embraced in the way I had imagined! Maybe there’s significance in the 9 months 🙂 Nine months gestation?
      Jane Teresa

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.