Interpreting Dreams for Others

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline
      Participant

So have you worked on dreams for others yet? With your new knowledge?

I haven’t as such as I don’t think I am experienced enough yet although I can say I have talked through a couple with a couple of close friends.

I get the fraud syndrome though and it’s too hard

But my question is, do others know you are studying dreams?  Do you get those who say oh! I dreamed about.. a.. pink rabbit wearing gloves, what does that mean?  And they look at you expectantly like you are you are suddenly going to turn into a dream dictionary and say , oh that’s easy, you’re going to win £100!   pfff! it’s hard

I find it difficult to explain it’s a real thing,  it’s not a pop up party gimmick. I don’t enjoy their crushing look of disappointment (in the work corridor)

so you have any experience of this?  What do you say?

I’m also fearful that if we really did it properly, it’s like  areal scoop of the psyche and everyone loves to talk about themselves so I’ll let them, but I also have in mind, are they ready for me to scoop their psyche? is that what they meant when they stopped me by the work coffee machine?

I love this question, Caroline, and I’m so looking forward to reading people’s comments and experiences about this, especially when we open the forums to all students and graduates at the end of the month. Thank you for being one of early testers, giving us feedback on navigating the forums.

Alexandra
      Participant

As people know I have an interest I am asked from time to time. I have found that often people are surprised by the amount of personal information that can be pulled from what seems to be a curious story. Yet they know there is something there as they brought it to me!

I can find it hard to judge at times, how much a person wants to know, as a casual offering can sometimes feel awkward, you have an idea of what might lie beneath but perhaps that person isn’t really a believer, ready or expecting the depth of what you would like to offer, so i might keep it vague.

I like it when friends send me a voice recording of their dream. Possibly much like when you have guests Jane, when you talk about it you use your own natural language and clues are everywhere, when it’s written down its more considered and things are missed I find. I love to immerse my self in the avenues of someone else’s dreams, i can see them in my own dreamer’s eye even, though of course they wont be the same, its impossible not to!

Hi Alexandra,

Yes, that’s true, it can be easier to collect clues when people speak about their dreams rather than write them down, as in The Dream Show. You’ve got me thinking: I have a service where people send me a dream and I give an overview (Bare Bones) by mp3. I send them an mp3 with my Bare Bones interpretation but … perhaps I should give people the option of sending their dream to me by mp3 instead of by writing (typing onto the form on the page). Hmmm.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.